Beck & Branch is thrilled to announce that author Raul Ramos y Sanchez’s PANCHO LAND is one of ten books to be featured at the Ohioana Book Festival. Beck and Branch published PANCHO LAND in October of 2012. It is the third book of a trilogy that began with the Grand Central novels AMERICA LIBRE and HOUSE DIVIDED. As a whole the trilogy traces the seeds and path of a near-future Hispanic rebellion in the United States. Raul’s interest in the topic of Hispanic immigration was inspired by his own escape from Fidel Castro’s Cuba in the early 1960s.
Author Raul Ramos y Sanchez was named Number One among the Top Ten New Latino Authors for 2011 by LatinoStories.com. The trilogy’s previous two books have won First Place (Books Into Movies Awards), Best Novel (International Latino Book Awards), and Finalist (Violet Crown Fiction Awards.)
The critics have called this author’s work:
- “Provocative”—USA Today
- “Trilling and vibrant,”—New York Times best-selling author James Rollins
- “Sweeping, intense”—Publishers Weekly
- “Inventive and original”—Library Journal
- “Riveting”—Richard W. Slatta, Ph.D., Professor of History
- “Unfailingly earnest”—Library Journal
More information is at RaulRamos.com.